Welcome to Help

Help
2001-10-17
2002-07-06
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Welcome to Help

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2002-02-22

I am having some troubles installing MnITS (Mandrake 8.1).  The MnSetup.php file cannot seem to find the required files and includes (which are in the same directory as MnSetup.php)  Adding ./ to the filename reference gets rid of the error but I'd rather figure out what I am doing wrong than edit all the files.  Apache is not running as root or anything like that.  Not sure if it would matter anyways.

• Daniel Bartholomew

What specific errors is it giving you? As long as MnConf.php is filled out correctly and is in MnITS directory (along with MnFunctions.php and MnSetup.php) everything should work.

Do you by chance have a slash at the end of the URI in the $MnHome variable in MnConf.php? That can mess things up.

--
        Daniel Bartholomew

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2002-02-22

Here are the settings what I have:
      $MnHome = "http://grow.sd27.bc.ca/its";
      $MnPath = "/var/www/grow/its";

Here is the error I get:
      ----------------------------------------------
      Fatal error: Failed opening required 'MnFunctions.php' (include_path='/var/www/horde/phplib') in /var/www/grow/its/MnSetup.php on line 4
      ----------------------------------------------

It is like it won't search the current directory.  I am going to check my apache configuration, maybe its messed.. 

• Daniel Bartholomew

Do you have MnConf.php and MnSetup.php in the "/var/www/grow/its" directory along with a directory called MnITS that has a bunch of php files in it? If so, that's the problem.

When you unpack the distro there is a directory called MnITS in there (along with the MnConf.php file and the Install_Files dir). The MnITS directory is the directory that you move to where you want it to be on your webserver. Put MnConf.php and MnSetup.php into the MnITS folder, and everything should work. So, for example, MnPath should equal: "/var/www/grow/its/MnITS" or "/var/www/grow/MnITS" you can also rename the MnITS directory, just make sure that you reflect that in MnPath.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2002-02-22

I just renamed /MnITS to /its (too lazy hate caps) and changed MnConf to reflect that.  The files are where they should be (or ./ would not have made it work I think).  I think maybe my apache setup is foobar'd somehow. I will play with it some more.  Thanks.

• Daniel Bartholomew

Hope you're able to figure out what's wrong. I'm stumped. Let me know if you figure something out.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2002-02-25

Ok, I figured out was wrong I think.  My php.ini  did not have . as an include path.  The samples I saw on the net all did.  So I added it and the problem went away.

Now I am wondering why it will not make tables and such.  I get to 'create tables' click the button, and then it draws part of the next screen and sits there.  It seems to be sticking on MnOpenFullConnection(). I created the mysql users, but was not too sure about read & write users privileges (all was straightfwd of course).  So i gave user itsread Select, and itswrite Select|Insert|Update. itsall I gave everything too....  and yes I edited MnConf.php to reflect my name changes. :-) I left the mysql db on localhost. I even tried creating the database and assigning the users permissions to it specifically, but it made no difference.  I am not sure what is not happening.  There is nothing at all related to it in mysql's logs.  Just some startup/shutdown messages.  It must not be getting that far I would guess. 

• Xavier de Pedro

Xavier de Pedro - 2002-03-04

Hi:

I've just installed MnITS and I seem to have been able to config everything properly (I have a minor problem with phpBB, though).

However, when I log in as administrator, and click on "course -- Go!" button, nothing happens: it remains in the same homepage for "Admin Extraordinaire".

What might I have done wrong?

(The only thing that is still bothering me is that when I first installed apache server in my own machine on win2000, I did it inside c:/program files/...", and I guess that the space in the location might be a problem???)

By the way, thanks for this nice project under GPL license! :-)

Xavi

• Daniel Bartholomew

This component is still under development. Hopefully it will be fixed by MnITS_0.0.5a.

Currently it isn't really necessary, so I wouldn't worry about it.

• tiamchai

tiamchai - 2002-04-11

help....I was trying to install MnITS. it showed
      "Creating tables...
      Couldn't open MnFullConnection."
      I don't know what the problem is. I created the database for MnITs and so on already..........tim

• Aaron

Aaron - 2002-04-12

This is because your db account either doesn't have permissions to that db, or you have a problem with the account you noted in the MnConf.php.

Aaron

• Daniel Bartholomew

The database users are set up incorrectly. For whatever reason, php is not able to access the user you set up for opening an MnFullConnection.

• Max Caley

Max Caley - 2002-07-03

Hi, I'm glad to find a forum. Thanks, in advance for any help.

I'm using Win2k, Apache2, PHP4, MySQL, phpBB and the latest MnITS dist. Everything is OK except

I can't get MnITS to work, I've installed all the files as per INSTALL file and have edited MnConf. But when I point IE at MnSetup.php I just get

Undefined variable: step in D:\public_html\MnITS\MnSetup.php on line *

Where * = 6, 8, 19, 207, 216, 243
      If I click button to begin install I get a 404 error.

You can look at www.caleysonline.com and follow test MnITS if you want to see.

Clearly something is wrong with path settings or something?

Any ideas?

Max

• Daniel Bartholomew

That's odd. I can't seem to pull up your site.

Your problems might be because of Win2K. All of my testing and debugging has been on various Unix flavors. I've never even tried to run it under Win2K or any other Windows version.

I'll add it to my list of things to look into.

Thanks!