Menu

v 1.5

Help
2009-03-18
2013-04-22
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Saw the 1.5 and figured I would give it a whirl...ouch

I had a bunch of errors and had to revert back to my 1.03 quick so people could keep registering..

I will install it again with a seperate db and post back the errors..

Thanks!

• Nobody/Anonymous

well I think the biggest part of my problem is that in the admin directory database.php is named database.phptpl

I edited it and didn't even notice...

finishing up testing now..

also, the new scoring grid confused me for just a minute...

• Nobody/Anonymous

Notice: Use of undefined constant E_DEPRECATED - assumed 'E_DEPRECATED' in \test\admin\database.php on line 5

looks like the only error I am getting now after proper setup

• Rob J

Rob J - 2009-03-18

Yeah, amusingly, some php versions are too old to know that they are deprecated. jholder had the same problem. Just delete E_DEPRECATED.

The database.php.tmpl filename was by design. We probably forgot to put a note about changing the filename in the readme. I renamed it to force the user to change it and to prevent  a user's modified database.php from being checked in accidentally to the repository.

As you probably figured out, just add your information and rename it database.php.

• John Holder

John Holder - 2009-03-18

E_DEPRECATED... ah the irony. I had even removed it and checked it in, and then accidentally overwrote it with my next checkin. SO! I've checked it in again without the E_DEPRECATED, but unless we find some other bug fix, I'm not uploading a new package.   (admin/database.php.tmpl)

• Nobody/Anonymous

Renamed and removed E_DEPRECATED and have had the new version running smooth for a few hours now