SEGFAULT

Help
2003-09-04
2003-10-29
  • Nobody/Anonymous

When starting the programme, there doesn't seem to be anything working, no file-list is shown, however the borders are.
    With the [tab] i can switch from filelist to playlist and back, but when i strike any key in the filelist i get:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.                           │
    0x0804a87d in read_key (window=0x0) at mjs.c:715
    715                             if (strlen (typed_letters) < 10) { // add the letter to the string and reset the timeout

or:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.                           &#9474;
    0x0804b204 in process_return (fileslist=0x805e5c0, alt=0) at mjs.c:766
    766             if ((fileslist->selected->flags && F_DIR)) {

so there seems to be something quite wrong, i guess.

greetings Daniel
    p.s. nice idea, a mp3 player for your student union... I've got one running in my union, but it uses gamp, which lacks any searching ability, and with 40G mp3's...

• Marijn van Galen

ok, assuming you have read the readme and install files:

probably the mp3-path is not set right in the config file (~/.mjsrc)

• Nobody/Anonymous

NO!

It seems to be a bug.
      But after some "hacking" I tried to make a default /pub folder and inside a symbolic link caled mp3 matching the local mp3 folder. Then it work very well.
      Solved.

Ivo, Croatia

• Marijn van Galen

hmm, ok seems plausible, when i'va got some time, after the exams, i will look into it !

• Nobody/Anonymous

I found another solution.

When I try to compile mjs with the "old" gcc (2.95 I think) the problem was that no mp3 files were shown in the left window and segfault, but solved with the /pub folder and the mp3 syslink.
      Then I try to edit the Makefile and change the compiler line (1st I think) with gcc-3.0.
      Now, after compiling, everything works fine. No need for /pub directory and syslink.

Ivo, Croatia

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks