Menu

MiyoLinux Development Has Ceased

miyolinux
2024-06-27
2024-06-29
  • miyolinux

miyolinux - 2024-06-27

Hello everyone!

For those who may be wondering why the development of MiyoLinux has stopped...

I won't go into details, but there are medical issues. I had a hard time keeping on track while trying to release the last few versions of MiyoLinux. I know that is vague, but that's all that I'm willing to share...sorry. I hope you understand.

Again, thank you to EVERYONE who had any part in giving advice, your help, testing, trying out the system, and the use of MiyoLinux! It all has been deeply appreciated. It was a dream come true for me, and all of you made my life brighter! I'm still using MiyoLinux myself and will continue using it as long as possible. :)

Take care!
    Dan (MiyoLinux)

• Ron

Ron - 2024-06-29

Sorry to hear about this. I hope everything works out for you.

So do you endorse "Miyolinux-Daedalus" made by sorceforge user metafile?

• miyolinux

miyolinux - 2024-06-29

Hi Ron!!! I wrote that explanation, because I saw what you wrote on the Devuan Forum. I was hoping that you would somehow see it.

The whole idea behind MiyoLinux was to give the user a "nice-looking" base system that would allow the user to install the software/applications that they want on their system. Jim's Daedalus respin of MiyoLinux includes a lot more preinstalled software so that it will be ready "out-of-the-box" for users, but it's still built from the MiyoLinux base. If having preinstalled software/applications is okay with you, then you'll still be getting the same basic system.

So yes, I endorse it. Jim has been a great friend and a HUGE supporter of MiyoLinux from the beginning, and I'm so thankful for that.

Take care Ron!
      Dan

• Peppermint OS

Peppermint OS - 2024-06-29

hello Dan wishing you the best,
    we are looking to add this project into our pipelines
    just so we can help keep it updated, until your return or more 😁
    are there any other sources aside from source forge that you used.
    rest well and stay strong 💪

• miyolinux

miyolinux - 2024-06-29

Hi! I would be honored if you took on the project! Thank you!

I've never had a place to keep my sources per say. I basically just started out with a Devuan netinstall and only added the packages that I wanted included (if that makes sense). Then, I would add the script(s) for the application menu(s) and the scripts that I wrote to the final system. I kept those scripts on a USB so that I could transfer them while building the system.

You have to understand...I never knew that "MiyoLinux" would take off like it did. I only released it (at the beginning) at the request of a friend. I do have a github page with a few of those scripts, but I don't know if it will be of much help???

I did change some things depending upon which window manager I was building (Openbox, JWM, IceWM, Kwin); however, Openbox has always been the main window manager.

Whatever you'd like to do with it, please feel free. If I can be of any further help, you can contact me at the following email...

miyolinux@gmail.com

Thanks,
      Dan

❤️