This patch will enable miniDLNA using to support most features of a Samsung LE40C650 LCD TV:
* thumbnails (patch from minidlna forum which produces jpeg thumbnails e.g. movie.avi.jpg)
* subtitle submenu, if external subtitles are found
* chapter selection (exactly 5 or every 16% of the movie)
* chapter thumbnails can be computed during database building (e.g. startup) (NEW)
* Bookmarks (jump to last watched position)
However, there are still some risks involved:
* Switching to any different sort order than "basic" (blue "D"-Button on remote when in Video) will NOT work (TV freezes for about 90secs and stops media player)
* I have not tested against any other renderers. Though I tried to make every change specific to Samsung TVs, I cannot guarantee older Samsungs have Problems now.
* The Samsung media player has difficulties to show .srt subtitles with only LF (instead of CRLF)
* THIS IS STILL BETA (but I already use it)
Especially for slower NAS devices we allow to precalculate the MTA files necessary for the chapter menu during startup/DB building. This is triggered by setting the new minidlna.conf option:
# Samsung specific switches
# samsung_external_mta_files = yes|no
# Set to yes on Samsung TV (e.g. LE40C650 and similar) if you are running
# miniDLNA on a slow device. This will precalculate the MTA files needed
# for the Smasung TV chapter menu while building the database instead of
# generating the MTA file on-the-fly if requested. Now, consider this: if
# generating MTA files is too slow for on-the-fly generation, the building
# of the database will considerably slow down by setting this to yes!
# Also note that a precomputed MTA file will always(!) be sent if requested.
# No on-thy-fly generation takes place. So, to change this, remove all MTA
# files as well.
samsung_external_mta_files = yes