This patch will enable miniDLNA using to support most features of a Samsung LE40C650 LCD TV:
* thumbnails (patch from minidlna forum which produces jpeg thumbnails e.g. movie.avi.jpg)
* subtitle submenu, if external subtitles are found
* chapter selection (every 10% of the movie)
* Bookmarks (jump to last watched position)
However, there are still some risks involved:
* Switching to any different sort order than "basic" (blue "D"-Button on remote when in Video) will NOT work (TV freezes for about 90secs and stops media player)
* I have not tested against any other renderers. Though I tried to make every change specific to Samsung TVs, I cannot guarantee older Samsungs have Problems now.
* THIS IS STILL EARLY BETA (but I already use it)
Log in to post a comment.