In the attachment of this message please find a patch that changes the current (2010-01-09) CVS minidlna sources to compile on OS X and FreeBSD as well. The code should also still work unaffected on linux (I hope).
There are some steps necessary to apply my patch and build the package:
1. Get current (2010-01-09) CVS sources.
2. Remove Makefile and genconfig.sh
3. Apply the patch attached to this posting
4. Unpack my minidlna-autoconf-files.tar.gz in the minidlna directory. I will post this tar.gz file afterwards in the next patch tracker since I can only attach one file here.
5. execute "sh autogen.sh". This requires that you have gnu autotools installed.
6. run "./configure". If you have libraries installed in non-standard locations, use environment variables to tell configure about this. See the provided ENVIRONMENT.* files for details.
7. run "make"
This should compile the package and give you a binary "minidlna". If it does not work, please contact me for support.
I did not port the inotify stuff. This functionality of minidlna is currently not available on other OSes that linux. Due to limitations of the kevent API on OS X and FreeBSD I am currently not sure on how to port this at all.
Log in to post a comment.