/* Process handling
* Copyright © 2013, Benoît Knecht <email@example.com>
* All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
* * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* * The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote products
* derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS"
* AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
* ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE
* LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
* CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
* SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
* INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
* CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
* ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
* POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
* Fork a new child (just like fork()) but keep track of how many childs are
* already running, and refuse fo fork if there are too many.
* @return -1 if it couldn't fork, 0 in the child process, the pid of the
* child process in the parent process.
* Handler to be called upon receiving SIGCHLD. This signal is received by the
* parent process when a child terminates, and this handler updates the number
* of running childs accordingly.
* @param signal The signal number.
void process_handle_child_termination(int signal);
* Daemonize the current process by forking itself and redirecting standard
* input, standard output and standard error to /dev/null.
* @return The pid of the process.
* Check if the process corresponding to the pid found in the pid file is
* @param fname The path to the pid file.
* @return 0 if no other instance is running, -1 if the file name is invalid,
* -2 if another instance is running.
int process_check_if_running(const char *fname);
#endif // __PROCESS_H__