Creating playlists

• Anonymous - 2010-12-27

I just got my PS3 and last night aI installed minidlna, Its an incredible piece of software. I know that it supports playlist. How should I create one, how the paths to the music files should be ( absolute, relative ),  how are the lists shown in the ps3 ? Can I put all the playlists in a directory for quick access ?

Any help will be appreciated.

• Justin Maggard

Justin Maggard - 2011-01-14

You should be able to just create an m3u or pls format playlist.  The paths can be either absolute or relative.  The playlists will show up on the client under Music -> Playlists, and they will be named the same as the m3u or pls file name.

• Pascal Pochol

Pascal Pochol - 2011-01-19

What about movie playlists? I sort the cartoons for the kids into playlists so I can find them faster. But when miniDLNA parses it it says:

scanner.c:724: warn: Scanning /media/Videos/Playlists
    scanner.c:792: warn: Scanning /media//Videos/Playlists finished (0 files)!

in /etc/minidlna.conf I have the line without any type (I tried to force a V type with no success either):

BTW I use playlists for Audio, Videos, and Photos as well

Thanks for your help!

• Justin Maggard

Justin Maggard - 2011-01-25

The files pointed to by the playlist need to be scanned too.  So you would need to add another media_dir that points to where the files are actually located.

• Pascal Pochol

Pascal Pochol - 2011-01-31

I added the various folders pointed to by my playlists. I now have all the videos in what seems to be alphabetical order mixed up in the "Video" container but still no Playlists container. Any other suggestions?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks