Robo Parak
2009-08-30
2013-05-29
1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)
  • Robo Parak
    Robo Parak
    2009-08-30

Hi,

I installed ipkg package on my worldbook, but when I'm trying to launch it, I'm getting an error: Segmentation fault. I tried to add -d (debug) flag into a startup script, but no other response.

• Justin Maggard
      Justin Maggard
      2009-08-31

I'm not sure what version would be packaged up into the ipkg.  What does "ifconfig -a" return?  Is it possible to get gdb installed on the WD?  Have you tried the statically-linked binary I posted here?

• TroskaJ
        TroskaJ
        2009-09-08

hi, having the same problem here, after ipkg install minidlna on WD MB, segmentation fault.
        ipkg remove minidlna
        dwn - static binary
        ./minidlna -f <path>minidlna.conf -d
        -bash: ./minidlna: cannot execute binary file
        stuck now, any ideas ?
        tnx

• Justin Maggard
          Justin Maggard
          2009-09-08

The static binary will only work on an x86 platform.  What's the output of minidlna -d with the ipkg binary?  How easy is it to get gdb running on the MyWorldBook?

• TroskaJ
      TroskaJ
      2009-09-08

Hi Justin
      here's the output after installing ipkg minidlna on WorldBook
      -----
      [root@WD_BOOK ~]# minidlna -f /opt/etc/minidlna.conf -d
      Segmentation fault
      ---
      trying to install gdb now, will check.

• Robo Parak
      Robo Parak
      2009-09-10

I installed gdb on my worldbook, without any isues, but I don't have clue what to do with that. ifconfig -a returns
      "eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:90:A9:4E:63:7A
                inet addr:192.168.1.11  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
                UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
                RX packets:1983 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
                TX packets:1187 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
                collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
                RX bytes:2443941 (2.3 MiB)  TX bytes:97173 (94.8 KiB)
                Interrupt:21 Base address:0x1000

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
                inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
                UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
                RX packets:11 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
                TX packets:11 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
                collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
                RX bytes:13032 (12.7 KiB)  TX bytes:13032 (12.7 KiB)
      "

• Jim Warwick
    Jim Warwick
    2009-09-12

OK - I have same issue (minidlna installed latest from ipkg on WB MyBook).  I've run this under gdb, but without any symbolic info I'm not sure whether this helps - anyway here's the output:

&lt;hr&gt;
    (gdb) run&lt;br&gt;
    Starting program: /opt/sbin/minidlna&lt;br&gt;
    (no debugging symbols found)&lt;br&gt;
    &lt;br&gt;
    &lt;br&gt;

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.&lt;br&gt;
    &lt;br&gt;
    0x40344d3c in strcpy () from /lib/libc.so.0&lt;br&gt;
    &lt;hr&gt;

does this help at all?

regards

Jim

• Jim Warwick
    Jim Warwick
    2009-09-12

(sorry, formatting appears to have gone a bit rubbish - think it's readable still though)

• Jim Warwick
    Jim Warwick
    2009-09-12

Hey - maybe this helps (after the SIGSEGV, I tried)

(gdb) bt
    #0  0x40344d3c in strcpy () from /lib/libc.so.0
    #1  0x40341b14 in realpath () from /lib/libc.so.0
    #2  0x0000c968 in main ()

looks like it's the realpath call somehow…?

Jim

• Justin Maggard
    Justin Maggard
    2009-09-17

Yes, that helps a lot, thanks.  It looks like the C library used in your firmware doesn't support the realpath() function the same way glibc does.  I've checked in code that should work more generically, and not depend on implementation-specific behavior in the C library.  So once the package maintainer updates to the latest CVS code and rebuilds the package, it should start working for you.  If you're able to rebuild it yourself that would work too.

• Robo Parak
    Robo Parak
    2009-09-17

jimwarwick, are you able to make a new package ? In case of yes, can you please provide to me as well ?

Thanks, R

• Jim Warwick
    Jim Warwick
    2009-09-17

I don't have the setup to make a new package unfortunately.  I'm relying on ipkg on the MyBook to manage all the installations on the box, which is taking its feed from:

http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/gumstix1151/cross/unstable/Packages.gz

I don't know how or how often the builds there get refreshed (?) - the latest build of miniDLNA from that feed is:

minidlna_cvs20090413-2_arm.ipk

…I'll do some digging - don't know whether anyone else knows the answers here?

Jim

• ice
    ice
    2009-10-24

I'm writing in this topic, because I'm using MiniDLNA on the exact same device as mentioned here. Thank you for fixing the bug that I've posted here: &lt;br&gt;
    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&amp;aid=2882630&amp;group_id=243163&amp;atid=1121516&lt;br&gt;
    Now it compiles and runs, but somehow doesn't work. The only output that I get after running it is:&lt;br&gt;
    &quot; minidlna.c:240: No MAC address found.  Falling back to generic UUID.&quot;&lt;br&gt;
    And then nothing happens - it only resides in memory as a process, but the server is not running - I've checked it using multiple devices and none sees MiniDLNA even though they can see each other.&lt;br&gt;
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Justin Maggard
    Justin Maggard
    2009-10-24

Maybe it's not binding to the right network interface.  Can you try &quot;minidlna -d -i &quot;?

• ice
    ice
    2009-10-24

Thanks for your answer. I'd specified the right network interface in the config file, but I've tried your suggestion and run minidlna with the following command:
    minidlna -d -i eth0
    The behaviour is exactly the same and the output is following:
    minidlna.c:240: No MAC address found.  Falling back to generic UUID.
    minidlna.c:670: warn: Starting MiniDLNA version 1.0.16-pre7 .

• Justin Maggard
    Justin Maggard
    2009-10-24

How about &quot;minidlna -d -a &quot;?

• ice
    ice
    2009-10-24

Unfortunately the output and the behaviour are still exactly the same - nothing changes

• ice
    ice
    2009-10-24

I'm sorry for a misinformation, but I made a mistake in my description. MiniDLNA immediately quits after throwing the errors that I've mentioned in the previous post - it doesn't remind in the memory. Initially I didn't see that it's already a zombie process a few seconds after starting and not a running one. I'm sorry once again for the confusion and hope that it helps at least a bit.

• Justin Maggard
    Justin Maggard
    2009-10-28

Okay, I think I've got it.  It looks like mainly a linking order issue with libsqlite3.  The latest code in CVS should fix this.

• ice
    ice
    2009-11-02

I'm sorry for a late reply, but I'm having some problems in my private life (breaking up with a girlfriend etc…).
    The latest code in CVS fixes the problem and minidlna runs without a hitch. The only trouble I get is that I have a folder full of media categorised in subdirectories shared in minidlna and somehow minidlna shares only about 1/2 to 3/4 files of the first subdirectory - the rest is inaccesible from any device connecting to the minidlna server - it behaves like there weren't any more directories or files there, which obviously is not true.
    I'm looking forward to your answer and thank you so much for your support - there aren't many projects which care so much about their users as you.

• Justin Maggard
    Justin Maggard
    2009-11-02

Thanks for checking that out.  It sounds like the scanner must be crashing somewhere.  Does it always stop on the same file, or same directory?  Have you checked dmesg to see if there is an Out Of Memory condition reported by the kernel?

The scanner always scans in the same order, sorted alphabetically.  So if you do &quot;minidlna -d&quot;, you should be able to see the last directory scanned.  It may also help to change upnpglobalvars.h and set USE_FORK to 0, so you can see why it is quitting prematurely.

• ice
    ice
    2009-11-03

Ok, I've got it fixed - if you kill the minidlna process while it is performing the initial scan it will never find any more directories on any of the next runs. The only way to fix this is to run it with the -R parameter which forces a full rescan. After doing that and letting it scan without interruption it shared everything I wanted it to share. In this case I believe that all of my problems with minidlna are now fixed. I'm testing it thoroughly with my devices and I have to say that it is a great piece of software. Keep up the good work!

• Robo Parak
    Robo Parak
    2009-11-03

Can you please share your build of minidlna done for WD ? Thanks a lot

• Justin Maggard
    Justin Maggard
    2009-11-04

ice50, that's good to hear.  You're right about the partial scan thing.  I've just checked in changes that should force a rescan if the previous scan didn't finish.

• ice
    ice
    2009-11-04

Thanks - it looks like we've got everything fixed :)
    Here is the link to the latest build of minidlna for WD - I'm not sure if it'll work on your devices, because I'm not good at all of these packaging stuff. It's basically just the compiled file which I use to run minidlna packed in .tar.gz
    http://rapidshare.com/files/302462890/minidlna.tar.gz.html

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)