Has anyone had any luck getting minidlna to serve up content to an android player? Its working great with my PS3 and with VLC as clients, but every android uPNP or DLNA client I've tried is unable to 'see' the minidlna server
Works absolutely fine with BubbleUPnP on my Android devices. I've used it as a server/controller (sending content from the phone to a TV), renderer/controller (rendering miniDLNA content on the phone) and as a controller (rendering miniDLNA content on my TV),
As a best guess, I'm assuming that your other clients are connecting via a wired interface, but your Androids are over wireless interface. I tend to use dedicated wireless APs as a preference and have not had problems in this configuration.
I did temporarily use a Netgear wireless router to do the same job for a couple of months recently (purely as an access point, i.e. not routing to a WAN), and the android app struggled quite a bit to see the server or other renderers (mostly they didn't show, but occasionally they did). I did set upnp-forwarding on, but it made little difference, presumably because this setting affects the WLAN & LAN to WAN bridge, and not the WLAN to LAN bridge.
It's possible that something similar is affecting your connection. You could test it with the PS3's wireless connection.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.