wireless configuration

Help
gianni
2013-02-15
2013-05-29
  • gianni

gianni - 2013-02-15

Hi, I'm having some trouble with the wireless configuration of minidlna.

Minidlna works perfectly when I connect the routerA directly to the ethernet port of the tv (panasonic tx-l47e5e).

The problem arises with this configuration (the tv doesn't see the server at all):

routerA (has minidlna and hd) -> wireless -> routerB -> to the tv ethernet

The two routers work well together, since the internet connection works perfectly on the tv

Waiting for any suggestion, I thank you in advance.

• Craig Chambers

Craig Chambers - 2013-02-18

I can only give my anecdotal experience…

Using a wireless router as an access point on my network caused upnp devices on the LAN to be very rarely visible.
    I only did this as a temporary measure after I bricked my wireless AP.  On getting a new wireless AP, all upnp traffic was once again visible on my network. 

I hasten to add that nothing was on the WAN side of the router, it was used purely as a LAN access point, with all services on the LAN ethernet ports.

You could try accessing miniDLNA with a laptop over WLAN and browsing using something like upnp-inspector.
    You could also try BubbleUPnP on an Android device.  It was with this app that I noticed my wireless problems.

/Craig

• Craig Chambers

Craig Chambers - 2013-02-18

I should probably clarify…

Using a wireless router as an access point on my network caused upnp devices on the LAN to be very rarely visible over WLAN.

• gianni

gianni - 2013-02-19

Thank you, while I find a solution by using the tools that you have kindly suggested, I'm using MediaHowse on my android, creating a link bethween the routers…

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks