Modify source to add a new scanning mode

• cristis1

cristis1 - 2012-12-08

I am setting up a media center, using a raspberry pi, and I would like to use minidlna, because it seems the most reliable, compared to other solutions that I've tried (mediatomb, serviio).

INotify doesn't seem to work for minidlna on raspberry pi. This means that if I add a new picture, or a folder with pictures => the database won't update. The only solution is to rescan the whole dir structure again, but this is very time consuming.

So the use case would be the following: I add a new folder with pictures, I restart minidlna with a new command line option => minidlna does a scan comparing the known directories (i.e. what's in the DB) with the actual directories. Only minidlna finds a new directory, it process the data found in it.

I would like to add this behavior, and my question is the following: is there a feature similar to this (or another one that includes this use case) that is already under development or planned? I ask this being cautious not to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks in advance.
    Best regards,

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks