I have had MiniDLNA installed and working on Ubuntu 11.04 64bit for quite awhile. Now, not sure what changed, it only randomly shows up on the clients (ie: 8player, MediaConnect, MLPlayer for iPod). I tried simple things like removing and reinstalling MiniDLNA and rescanning the media library. I tried restarting the computer it is installed on. If I look in System Monitor 3 instances of MiniDLNA, all of which are sleeping. I am not sure what to try next. Any suggestions?
Sounds like the clients' SSDP M-SEARCH packets aren't making it to your Ubuntu box. Do you have any other programs binding to port 1900? You can find out with "netstat -nlp | grep 1900". I've also seen some home routers that seem to block SSDP multicast traffic in some cases, so you might be running to that.
Thank you for the quick reply.
It appears that no other programs are binding to port 1900.
I found a setting in the D-Link DIR-825 router that I have titled: "Enable IPv4 Multicast Streams" this was disabled, so I enabled it and rebooted the router. The DLNA server is showing up after I did that, hopefully that was the problem.
Unfortunately, that did not resolve the issue. I restarted the router and then the DLNA server showed up on the clients but it did not last. So it seems the problem is with the router, but I am not sure where. It has the latest firmware installed.
For the records and for people that may come here:
After days of debugging I found out that only after to disabling (unitck) the "Enable Multicast Streams" option from Advanced Network -> Advanced settings in the D-Link DIR-825 (Firmware 2.01EU - B1) my Samsung UE40ES6100 TV set recognizes MiniDLNA without disconnects. Obviously the SSDP packets were not transferred otherwise.
Log in to post a comment.