Menu

miniDLNA server running on Ubuntu 14.04 will not update music database.

Help
2015-01-20
2015-01-22
  • Matt Morehead

Matt Morehead - 2015-01-20

I am having trouble with miniDLNA not updating my music database. My video folders update no problem. My initial music that I had on my Ubuntu 14.04 box shows up fine, but the music that I recently transferred from my Windows 7 machine to my music folder which is supposedly scanned by miniDLNA does not show up when I connect to the server on my Android phone with an app called BubbleUPnP, nor does it show up when I connect with Kodi 14 on the Windows 7 machine. For some reason the initial music I had will show up without problem. The music I added is all in MP3 format.
    I have tried to manually update the DB by using the command: 'sudo service minidlna force-reload' in the terminal to no avail. I have restarted the service multiple times and even restarted the PC. I have also tried changing directories for the music and it will still only load the original 12 folders. There are no errors pertaining to this in the log file, but I can post that as well if you think it would be useful. I am completely stumped so any help would be just fantastic.

• Matt Morehead

Matt Morehead - 2015-01-20

No one? Here's the kicker! When I re-download the files via torrent, miniDLNA updates the database with those files NO PROBLEM. Only when I copy them to the folder from my 2nd hard drive does it not recognize or load them in to the database. What the hell is going on here!? I dare you to rationalize this.

• lawabb

lawabb - 2015-01-22

Have you checked file/directory permissions/ownership?