miniDLNA update

Help
TeHashX
2012-01-06
2013-05-29
  • TeHashX

TeHashX - 2012-01-06

Hi, the last build is 1.0.22 from August, will not be updated anymore? It will be nice to add the feature to FF/REW on Samsung C series.

• Craig Chambers

Craig Chambers - 2012-01-06

The development is ongoing, but there has not been a binary release for some time.

With regards to seeking on your TV (FF/RW), are you certain that your media is formatted in such a way as to allow seeking?  From what I know, some media does not lend itself to seeking when transported over HTTP (which is what DLNA does), and some other types of media need to be encoded to allow seeking.  ]

You could try building from source to see if your seeking issues are fixed by the later code.

/Craig

• Justin Maggard

Justin Maggard - 2012-01-09

Also keep in mind that, from what I have seen, Samsung TVs do FF/REW over DLNA using the left and right arrow buttons on the remote, and not the usual FF/REW buttons.

• TeHashX

TeHashX - 2012-02-02

With Samsung PC Share Manager running from my pc I am abble to ff/rew videos with the directions keys, with minidlna 1.0.22 is just skipping 3 minutes.
    I asked because in 1.0.21 changelog was a fix "Fix FF/REW of AVI files on Samsung Series B TV's" and if is possible for C series.
    Thank you.

• Justin Maggard

Justin Maggard - 2012-02-03

Have you tried with 1.0.23?  It was release just over a week ago, and it has a couple changes to act a little more like PC Share Manager.  I have nothing to test with, but it might make a difference.

• TeHashX

TeHashX - 2012-02-11

With 1.0.23 is the same thing, but nevermind I just skip from 3 to 3 minutes.

• TeHashX

TeHashX - 2012-12-14

Hi, I used a samsung LE32C550 tv and and minidlna installed on asus RT-N66U router and worked perfectly but now I have another tv, samsung UE40ES6100 and minidlna don't save bookmarks anymore, every time I must skip to the point I let the movie last time.
    The bookmarks can be enabled on ES series?
    THX

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks