Problem with secondary IDE hard disk

kirshley
2012-12-26
2013-05-29
  • kirshley

kirshley - 2012-12-26

Hello. Yesterday I installed the miniDLN in my laptop (runing Ubuntu 11.10). I have a problem to access to my multimedia files. When my multimedia files are in the hard disk (primary hard disk with Ubuntu) or in a pendrive, I set the path in the config file (/home/"personal folder" or /media/"pendrive name") and I can access without problems to see them. But the problem appears when I want to access to my secondary hard disk that is connected via IDE wire inside the pc tower (The primary and the secondary hard disk are connected in both cases with IDE wire). I put the correct path (/media/"secondary hard disk name") in the config file but I cant see any files in my TV. Is there any problem with a secondary IDE hard disk and miniDLNA or maybe other thing? Thanks for your help.

• Craig Chambers

Craig Chambers - 2013-01-08

Your post is a little confusing to me… You start off talking about a laptop, then move on to a 'pc tower'…

minidlna doesn't have any visibility of where your media is physically located.  It simply sees a folder mounted in the location.

1) Have you looked at the permissions of the files/folders on the 2nd disk?  minidlna should be running as a different user to yourself.
    2) Are the files on the second disk compatible with the TV?  If not, you have working media on another disk, so it may be worth copying a small number of those to test.

/Craig

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks