minidlna + sshfs

kappakappa
2013-01-21
2013-05-29
  • kappakappa

kappakappa - 2013-01-21

Hi all,

i'm using minidlna 1.0.25 on Debian arm. I've setted a remote (video) directory with sshfs. I'm able to view the video, but minidlna doesn't show me the new file when i add these to my remote directory, whereas it works on local file. Have you ever encountered this issue?

Thanks,

Kappa.

• Jakob Lenfers

Jakob Lenfers - 2013-01-22

I bet this is because sshfs might not support inotify. I have a similar problem with recordings of my dvr, mounted with vdrnfofs. A solution for me (and I guess for you as well) would be the possibility of a cron job that reloads exactly this directory. Doing this with the whole library takes far too long to do that on a regular basis. Does anybody know if that is possible?

Thanks in advance,
    Jakob

• kappakappa

kappakappa - 2013-01-22

Hi Jakob,

what do you mean with "reloads exactly this directory"? You mean a re-mount of remote dir, or a minidlna command?
    Usually i restart the minidlna with "-R" option, but with this all records (video,music,photo) of mnidlna are rebuilded and it isn't so fast. This is my minidlna.conf:

port=8200
    network_interface=eth0

media_dir=V,/home/kappa/Video
    media_dir=V,/mnt/remote
    media_dir=A,/home/kappa/Music
    media_dir=P,/home/kappa/Image

friendly_name=Shedeb Server

db_dir=/var/cache/minidlna

log_dir=/var/log

album_art_names=Cover.jpg/cover.jpg/AlbumArtSmall.jpg/albumartsmall.jpg/AlbumArt.jpg/albumart.jpg/Album.jpg/album.jpg/Folder.jpg/folder.jpg/Thumb.jpg/thumb.jpg

inotify=yes
    enable_tivo=no

strict_dlna=no
    notify_interval=300

serial=12345678
    model_number=1

Thanks in advance,
    Kappa

• Jakob Lenfers

Jakob Lenfers - 2013-01-22

I mean a special minidlna command that doesn't seem to exist yet AFAIK.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks