compiling minidlna

Anonymous
2011-06-11
2013-05-29
  • Anonymous - 2011-06-11

Hi,

I have a couple of questions related to compiling minidlna.

1. when compiling on Fedora (tried 14,15) it doesn't automatically link in iconv library, so the build fails on linking with a bunch of errors like  "undefined reference to `libiconv_close'". I have to manually add -liconv to the Makefile in order to proceed.
    Any suggestions on how to properly detect / care of libiconv instead? It's located under /usr/local/{lib,include}  and lib path is present in ld.so.conf

2. this is minor. after build, I need to manually run strip on the binary to slim it down. Perhaps, it worth consideration to do it via Makefile.

• Justin Maggard

Justin Maggard - 2011-06-22

Did you do something to your C library?  Every Fedora release I know of uses glibc, which has had iconv built in for many years.  There should be no need for an external iconv library.

Anyway, one of these days (hopefully soon) I need to switch over to automake, which should help out with this sort of thing.

• Anonymous - 2011-06-25

it wasn't able to find shared libiconv among fedora's glibc-devel libs, so I had to compile libiconv myself and install under /usr/local.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks