inotify update

2009-10-20
2013-05-29
  • Taylor Jacob

Taylor Jacob - 2009-10-20

I am not entirely sure if this is a bug or not, but I have noticed that files that added to the tree and picked up by inotify seem to only be scanned once.  If the file changes the file information provided by minidlna seems to be the initial version of the file.  Specifically torrents that are downloading show up as say 10 megs or such (likely because that was the file size when inotify first noticed them), but my PS3 will not play the files.  If I copy the files once complete to another file inotify picks up the complete file and it will play.  It seems as though inotify is not looking at the timestamp of the file when re-scanning but simply the existence of new files.  If this is the case I can look at submitting a patch in a few days.  Would be a simple additional check to see if the timestamp was more recent than the last scan.

• Justin Maggard

Justin Maggard - 2009-10-23

It's on my to-do list, but it's not implemented yet.  If you've got a patch before I get to it, feel free to send it to me. :)

• Justin Maggard

Never mind…  Just checked the changes in to CVS.

• Taylor Jacob

Taylor Jacob - 2009-10-23

Thanks!  I had only checked out the code and was going to sit down and make a patch, but I didn't even get a chance.. How long will it take this change to be reflected on the ReadyNAS product?

• Justin Maggard

There should be an addon in the next few days.  If you get a chance, it'd be nice to get some outside verification that it works properly.

• Taylor Jacob

Taylor Jacob - 2009-10-23

OK just let me know what I need to do / point me in the direction of instructions and i'll be glad to give it a shot.. Better than the script I have running now that kills minidlna and rescans at 7 in the morning as a workaround..

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks