Two fixes for MiniDLNA on Mac OS X (mkv)

tehsu
2012-01-12
2013-08-05
  • tehsu

tehsu - 2012-01-12

I have two fixes for MiniDLNA on Mac OS X.

These fixes are from some other help topics around the forums but it may help someone quicker as it took me some times to find them.

First the MKV issue that I have been having.
    Edit metadata.c
    below
                    else if( strcmp(ctx->iformat->name, "matroska") == 0 )
                            asprintf(&m.mime, "video/x-matroska");
    add
                    else if( strcmp(ctx->iformat->name, "matroska,webm") == 0 )
                            asprintf(&m.mime, "video/x-matroska");

next my Samsung D series TV would not working(Rewind and Fast Forward still don't work)
    This will let you play videos.
    In upnphttp.c
    Beneath Playstation I added

else if(strstrc(p, "SEC_HHP_", '\r'))
                                    {
                                            h->req_client = ESamsungTV;
                                            h->reqflags |= FLAG_DLNA;
                                            h->reqflags |= FLAG_NO_RESIZE;
                                    }
    I know this has been covered in other threads on here but I felt the need to incorporate it into one topic and easier to find for people.

• Justin Maggard

Justin Maggard - 2012-01-12

Both of these have been in CVS for quite a long time.

• tehsu

tehsu - 2012-01-12

Ok, then I was using the incorrect Branch, does the MAIN branch have a inotify equivalent working on OS X? someway to update files so I don't have to restart minidlna n rebuild the database every time?

• Justin Maggard

Justin Maggard - 2012-01-13

No, there isn't any OSX file alteration monitoring code in MAIN.  Hopefully some day we'll get kqueue support put in there (patches welcome!).

• Kevin Macey

Kevin Macey - 2013-07-19

I managed to get FSEvent support added, but don't know how the configure system works, had to edit the generated makefile to get it to work... If anyone is interested in doing that I can post a link to a download in the next couple of days when I work out the last little bug...

• Kevin Macey

Kevin Macey - 2013-07-20

Here is a download link, configures and makes now, but it got it working by adding lines to makefile.am, will only compile on a mac... only works with one media_dir in your config file currently will fix that next weekend, just configure and make and add fsevent=yes to your minidlna.conf and it should work

here is the download link https://truck.it/p/PJNEkrD8wh

• Douglas Carmichael

Kevin, do you still have the code available? That truck.it link didn't work.

• Kevin Macey

Kevin Macey - 2013-08-03

Try this one, it's an updated version with a bugfix, and should now work with multiple media dirs in config file... https://truck.it/p/DzppAnellh if it doesn't work I'll try find another place to upload it to....

• Douglas Carmichael

@Kevin: I tried that link, but it didn't work... could you put it on github or sourceforge?

• Douglas Carmichael

@Kevin: I finally got it to download.. what would be the best way to contact you? I have some ideas for other minidlna-related projects.

• Kevin Macey

Kevin Macey - 2013-08-05

You can just send me an email, image28 at slingshot dot co dot nz

• Kevin Macey

Kevin Macey - 2013-08-05

Also, Mac's FSevent system scans the whole folder and detects a change, so when something changes it re-updates the whole folder, so try not to update the root media folder or it will refresh the whole database... Also doesn't follow symbolic links to folders, I uses symbolic links to create a virtual drive that merges all my hard-drives, got around the symbolic link problem by auto creating a skeleton directory structure then symbolicly linking to the file in each dir/subdir...

The mac FSevent system was way easier to code than linux's inotify system, but inotify is a lot faster and better....

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks