Menu

Status report

2011-05-27
2013-05-29
  • Daniel Mayer

Daniel Mayer - 2011-05-27

Hi,
    to be honest: Great uPnP-server! I got it installed without any problems under ubuntu server 11.04/beta and it runs very fine without any problems.

But I would really like to have a simple status report, perhaps something like "minidlna -v" as it is with samba or ftpwho. I have a neighbor who uses my WLAN-acces for this minidlna - and he's very happy, too.
    On several occasions I have to shutdown the server and am not able to have a look who's logged in.
    So: Is there a possibility to get a status report with:
    - logged users (at least as simple count)
    - # of shared movies, pictures and music
    - by user "opened" files (i.e if a user currently watches a movie).

Would be a great addition.
    Tx
    Daniel

• George

George - 2013-02-27

Dear Experts,

I have the same problem: I need to find out if minidlna is serving a client or somebody browes its directories and the like. If there is no such feature is there maybe some workaround ?

BR
    George

• Craig Chambers

Craig Chambers - 2013-02-27

I understand how this would be useful.  One potential option is using netstat to view open connections…

$ sudo netstat -tupe | grep minidlna

tcp        0 110048 craig-server.local:8200 192.168.72.52:35710     ESTABLISHED root       681826      20593/minidlna 
    tcp        0 198376 craig-server.local:8200 192.168.72.216:50834    ESTABLISHED root       680107      20447/minidlna

I grabbed the above while my wife was watching a video on the TV, and I had a film running on my phone.

For some reason streaming music did not show up an open socket when I tried it, but this may be because the app downloads quickly, caches and closes the socket.

/Craig

• George

George - 2013-03-03

Dear Craig,

thank you so much for this hint, the command works perfectly for my purposes. At least with my receiver the connection for music is also shown. I will include this now in my procedure for suspend to RAM.

BR
    George

• Craig Chambers

Craig Chambers - 2013-03-04

Glad I could help :-)

I was using an app on my phone.  I'm not certain on its behaviour, but my guess is that it downloads the whole song to local cache, unlike a TV which would stream.

/Craig