MinGW: A native Windows port of the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC), with freely distributable import libraries and header files for building native Windows applications; includes extensions to the MSVC runtime to support C99 functionality.
MSYS Core contains the basic utilities that comprise a MSYS installation. It is meant to be used by an automated installer, but it also can be unpacked manually.
- Numerous bugfixes.
- Newer versions of most tools.
- New tools: lzma and file.
- Convenient mount/umount scripts.
- Vista compatibility.
- Sensible key-bindings for command-line editing.
- The shipped `make' tool is more flexible regarding case sensitivity of rules and file names.
You can obtain it by visiting the MSYS Base System download page: