/* $NetBSD: profile.h,v 1.6 1995/03/28 18:17:08 jtc Exp $ */
* Copyright (c) 1992, 1993
* The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
* must display the following acknowledgement:
* This product includes software developed by the University of
* California, Berkeley and its contributors.
* 4. Neither the name of the University nor the names of its contributors
* may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
* without specific prior written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE REGENTS AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
* ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
* ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
* FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
* DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
* OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
* HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
* LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
* OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
* SUCH DAMAGE.
* @(#)profile.h 8.1 (Berkeley) 6/11/93
* This file is taken from Cygwin distribution. Please keep it in sync.
* The differences should be within __MINGW32__ guard.
/* If compiler doesn't inline, at least avoid passing args on the stack. */
#define _MCOUNT_CALL __attribute__ ((regparm (2)))
#define _MCOUNT_DECL static __inline__ void _MCOUNT_CALL _mcount
/* FIXME: This works, but it would be cleaner to convert mcount into an
assembler stub that calls an extern _mcount.
Older versions of GCC (pre-4.1) will still fail with regparm since the
compiler used %edx to store an unneeded counter variable. */
#define MCOUNT \
u_long selfpc, frompcindex; \
* Save registers, since this may be called from \
* the prologue of a regparm function. \
__asm __volatile__ ("pushl %eax\n\t" \
"pushl %ecx\n\t" \
"pushl %edx"); \
* find the return address for mcount, \
* and the return address for mcount's caller. \
* selfpc = pc pushed by mcount call \
/* __asm ("movl 4(%%ebp),%0" : "=r" (selfpc)); */ \
selfpc = (u_long) __builtin_return_address (0); \
* frompcindex = pc pushed by call into self. \
/* __asm ("movl (%%ebp),%0;movl 4(%0),%0" : "=r" (frompcindex)); */ \
frompcindex = (u_long) __builtin_return_address (1); \
_mcount(frompcindex, selfpc); \
* Restore registers. \
__asm __volatile__ ("popl %edx\n\t" \
"popl %ecx\n\t" \
"popl %eax"); \