From: Charles Wilson <cwilso11@us...> - 2011-10-23 02:18:51
I've updated the gettext package for the mingw32 subsystem.
* Rebuild with gcc-4.6.1
* Include patches derived from cygwin gettext-0.18.1.1-2
* Update to latest upstream release
* -src package now uses mgwport to build the packages
To upgrade to the new version, do the following:
mingw-get upgrade mingw32-gettext mingw32-libintl \
Note that you should also update the libiconv package(s) as there are
some interdependencies between the two package sets.
I think the mingw32-gettext.xml file lacks a dependency (libexpat)
for the -dev package (installed by mingw32-autotools if I understand
<release tarname="gettext-0.18.1.1-2-mingw32-dev.tar.lzma" >
<requires eq="mingw32-libgcc-*-mingw32-dll-1.tar" />
<requires eq="mingw32-libgettextpo-%-mingw32-%-dll-0.tar" />
<requires ge="mingw32-libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-*-dll-2.tar" />
<requires eq="mingw32-libintl-%-mingw32-%-dll-8.tar" />
Indeed gettext-0.18.1.1-2-mingw32-dev.tar.lzma contains xgettext.exe
that requires libexpat-1.dll
On a typical install, it's not a problem because it's installed along gdb, but
I don't install gdb. I'm compiling something, the configure script detects
xgettext.exe and tries to launch it... That's how I found out the issue.
If I'm wrong, sorry, it's probably I just didn't understand how mingw-get works.
From: Charles Wilson <cwilso11@us...> - 2011-11-09 04:07:11
On 11/3/2011 8:54 AM, bernd Kopf wrote:
> If I'm wrong, sorry, it's probably I just didn't understand how mingw-get works.
Nope, you are correct, and it is now fixed in the FRS and in mingw-dist
CVS. Thanks for the report.