What version of binutils do you use? I use the 20011112 version and a.exe
did not crash on my Windows 2000 box.
--- Original Message from Serge Semashko <ss@...> ---
This bug is easily reproduced with Mingw when using objcopy utility.
The steps of reproducing the bug are the following:
1. create a simple program test.cpp consisting of empty main function
2. compile it with Mingw compiler to get object code "gcc -c test.cpp"
3. convert the object file test.o with objcopy utility
"objcopy -O elf32-i386 test.o"
4. link the program using "gcc test.o"
5. execute a.exe and see that it crashes.
When step 3 is skipped everything works well.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.