* (`* !$' leaders, in the following, *must* be preserved).
* !$ Message definitions for MinGW implementation of `gencat'.
* !$ $Id$
* !$ Copyright (C) 2006, 2007, 2008, MinGW Project
* !$ Written by Keith Marshall <email@example.com>
* !$ This file has been automatically generated from `gcmsgs.h',
* !$ by `gendefs.awk'; edit by hand, only to provide a translation.
* !$ This is free software. It is distributed AS IS, in the hope that
* !$ it may be useful, but WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, not even an
* !$ implied warranty of merchantibility, nor fitness for any purpose.
* !$ It may be redistributed as is, or in modified form, under the
* !$ terms of the GNU General Public License, as published by the
* !$ Free Software Foundation; either Version 2, or at your option,
* !$ any later version.
* !$ You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
* !$ with this software; see the file `COPYING'. If you did not, please
* !$ write to the Free Software Foundation, 51 Franklin St - Fifth Floor,
* !$ Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
* Here is some boiler plate code, to emit to the gencat source stream,
* so that this message definition stream will be correctly interpreted.
* !$ codeset=ASCII
* !$quote "
* !$ When translating these message definitions, please take care
* !$ to preserve the number and order of `printf' format tags; (i.e.
* !$ tags of the form `%c', where `c' is any alphabetic character).
* !$ Also please note the usage of `\n' to insert a line break into
* !$ any message definition, and the use of a `\` following the
* !$ closing quote, on all but the last line of a multiline message
* !$ definition; there must be no white space between the quote and
* !$ the following `\', nor following the `\' itself.
* !$ Message set #1 is reserved for the program banner, which is
* !$ displayed when either the `-help' or the `-version' option is
* !$ invoked; it is discretional whether a translation of this, in
* !$ the national language, is provided. If not, then set #1 may be
* !$ excluded from the message catalogue, or the banner template
* !$ may be left untranslated, in which case the banner will be
* !$ displayed in its original English language form.
#define MSG_PROGRAM_BANNER 1, 1, \
"%s (MinGW catgets SubSystem for MS-Windows), Version %s\n"\
"Written by %s\n"
* !$ Messages in set #2 are reserved for use by the `-version' option,
* !$ and are displayed *both* in English *and* in the national language.
* !$ While it is not normally necessary to provide an English language
* !$ message catalogue, if one is provided, it should *exclude* all of
* !$ the messages defined in set #2, to avoid displaying identical
* !$ copies of these messages twice.
#define MSG_COPYRIGHT_NOTICE 2, 3, "\nCopyright (C) %s, %s.\n"\
"This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO\n"\
"WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, not even an IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, nor\n"\
"of FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.\n"
* !$ Set #3 is reserved for the synopsis displayed by the `-help' option;
* !$ in general, a national language version of this should be provided.
#define MSG_GENCAT_SYNOPSIS 3, 2, \
"\nUsage: %s catalogue-name input-file ...\n"\
" Generate, or update, the national language message catalogue specified\n"\
" by `catalogue-name', (which is a binary file, in the format required by\n"\
" the MinGW implementation of the POSIX `catgets' facility), reading the\n"\
" message definitions from each specified `input-file' in turn.\n"\
" In normal use, there are no options. However, for compatibility with\n"\
" GNU standard utilities, the following are accepted:--\n\n"\
" -help, --help\n"\
" Display this program synopsis, and exit.\n\n"\
" -version, --version\n"\
" Display program identification, and copyright notice,\n"\
" then exit.\n\n"
* !$ Set #4 specifies messages relating to `gencat' program invocation,
* !$ or to runtime problems; they should always be translated to the
* !$ applicable national language.
#define MSG_MISSING_ARGS 4, 1, "%s: incorrect number of arguments\n"
#define MSG_GENCAT_USAGE 4, 2, "usage: %s catalogue-name input-file ...\n"
#define MSG_OUTPUT_NOFILE 4, 3, "%s: %s: cannot create temporary output file\n"
#define MSG_OUT_OF_MEMORY 4, 4, "%s: out of memory\n"
#define MSG_INTERNAL_ERROR 4, 5, "%s: internal error: %s\n"
* !$ Set #5 defines messages relating to problems in interpretation of
* !$ the content, or format, of the input files, or any pre-existing
* !$ version of the message catalogue which is being updated; national
* !$ language translations should be provided.
#define MSG_BAD_CATALOGUE 5, 1, "%s: %s: file is not a valid message catalogue\n"
#define MSG_UNKNOWN_CODESET 5, 2, "%s: %s: unknown codeset descriptor\n"
#define MSG_CODESET_CLASH 5, 3, "%s:%u: codeset `%s' conflicts with prior declaration\n"
#define MSG_HAD_CODESET 5, 4, "%s:%u: codeset `%s' previously declared here\n"
#define MSG_SETNUM_NOT_INCR 5, 5, "invalid set number: expecting > %d; got %d\n"
#define MSG_MSGNUM_NOT_INCR 5, 6, "invalid message number: expecting > %d; got %d\n"
#define MSG_REDEFINED 5, 7, "%s: %s:%u: redefinition of message %u in set %u\n"
#define MSG_PREVIOUS_HERE 5, 8, "%s: %s:%u: previous definition was here\n"
* !$ Set #6 defines messages relating to abnormal conditions occuring
* !$ when the end of an input file is encountered; again, national
* !$ language translations should be provided.
#define MSG_EOF_IN_QUOTES 6, 2, "%s:%u: unexpected EOF encountered before closing quote\n"
#define MSG_TEXT_DISCARDED 6, 3, "%s:%u: incomplete message marked for deletion\n"
#define MSG_MISSING_NEWLINE 6, 4, "%s:%u: missing newline at end of file\n"
#define MSG_BAD_INDEX 6, 5, "invalid reference in message index"
* !$ Set #7 defines messages relating to malformed Unicode input streams;
* !$ once again, national language translations should be provided.
#define MSG_UTF_UNKNOWN 7, 1, "%s:unrecognisable encoding format\n"
#define MSG_UTF_SIZE_ERROR 7, 2, "%s:invalid byte count per code point; value was %d\n"
#define MSG_UTF_FRAME_ERROR 7, 3, "%s:%u:UTF-%u%cE input framing error\n"
#define MSG_UTF_CODESET 7, 4, "%s:input codeset identified as %s; conflicts with ...\n"
* !$ end of file
#endif /* !defined( GCMSGS_H ): $RCSfile$Revision: 1.4 $: end of file */