The 1.3-beta3 release of win-builds.org is now available.
This project creates a system to build and distribute for Windows from
almost any system: *native* Windows, MSYS*, Cygwin and Linux. Everything
is done through a portable package manager for easy installation,
maintenance and update.
This version brings several fixes, a new website, updated and proofread
documentation (with a tutorial for using with msys) and helper scripts
for installing and switching toolchains in msys (this is likely directly
usable with cygwin too but I haven't tried).
Beta2 was not announced as one of the package manager binary turned out
to be an old one with a known bug (wrong target for symlink to
This version is now considered stable and is the default one oN
Highlights of the 1.3 version:
- updated GCC, mingw-w64 and other packages
- new packages: winpthreads, dbus, x264
- fallbacks for POSIX symlink on Windows
- almost exhaustive documentation
- stabilization of the build system along with speed improvements
- probably maintained for security updates
I hope that the new website, while not being very fancy, will answer
most questions. It is available at:
For all issues, you can use the bugtracker at: