GCC 4.5 branch

• Doug Semler

Doug Semler - 2010-04-06

With the gcc 4.5 branch creation, and gcc 4.6 into stage 1, is there going to be any plan for doc updates (especially given the instability that will ensue in the gcc trunk)?

• Kai Tietz

Kai Tietz - 2010-04-06

Well, in general our automated builds are operating on gcc's trunk. So now as we have three branchs we should maintain, we have to rethink build-strategy here. It would be good that sometimes 4.4.x and 4.5.x branchs getting built, but of course a daily built isn't necessary for them. Additionally we shouldn't built them against our trunk and should use for those builds 1.0 branch. At least this is my strong opinion about this.
    The general automated builds should remain as they are and build against gcc's trunk (so 4.6 for now). A description about our builds (after we finally decieded here about strategy we choose) has to be documented then on our Wiki.
    This build strategy and the how-to handle it I see mainly in Mook's and NightStrike's responsiblity.

• NightStrike

NightStrike - 2010-04-07

I thought we had to use our trunk against 4.5……

• NightStrike

NightStrike - 2010-04-07

Regarding our build strategy, we need to fix some things with buildbot.  At that point, we can do actual toolchain releases of actual GCC releases, which I think will solve everyone's issues.

• tta

tta - 2010-04-20

Just curious, can anyone tell me when MinGW64 GCC 4.5.0 will be released ?

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks