internet links display of titles

Help
jwin
2009-07-03
2013-05-02
  • jwin

jwin - 2009-07-03

Hi,
    I found the feature of Mindraider nicer, that one can drag and drop easily internet links into one Node. However, the entire url  which is displayed, usually is cryptic and long. Instead, I would prefer just to let the software display the title, which I defined for this internet links. I  did not find a way to do so in the settings or whatever. Any idea about this feature? Thanks a lot!
    Jan

• MindRaider

MindRaider - 2009-07-05

Hi Jan,
        this is pretty nice idea. If you mean ability to drag&drop the link + attach it to the topic, it would be doable - I added this improvement to my todo list ;)
        Having clickable links in the TXT description of the note is problematic (~ undoable), fortunately you can have nice links with Wiki, Richtext or HTML. In this case, the source in the edit mode will be still ugly, but by switching to view mode of the note description you will get polished version with clickable hyperlinks.

-- martin

• Jakub Liska

Jakub Liska - 2010-05-07

I think it's great. I was using xmind for a year or so, but in comparison with mindRaider it's too limited. I have a bug there though, using google chrome, it's set up in preferences, but the urls which are being launched in chrome look like this one: http://%27openurl%28http//www.w3.org/RDF/\)' … there is always this openurl string…

• Jakub Liska

Jakub Liska - 2010-05-07

Using linux and my own jdk 1.6.0, maybe it is the reason, this is the log everytime I click to open a link in chrome

PROFILER load notebook: 613(ms)
    Exception in thread "Thread-193" java.lang.IllegalThreadStateException
            at java.lang.Thread.setDaemon(Thread.java:1232)
            at com.emental.mindraider.ui.graph.spiders.SpidersGraph$1.run(SpidersGraph.java:632)
    Exception in thread "Thread-264" java.lang.IllegalThreadStateException
            at com.emental.mindraider.ui.graph.spiders.SpidersGraph$1.run(SpidersGraph.java:632)
    Exception in thread "Thread-332" java.lang.IllegalThreadStateException