Menu

Is it possible to create links between nodes?

elwood151
2011-05-02
2013-05-02
  • elwood151

elwood151 - 2011-05-02

Hi, I'm a total newbie and just tried mindraider for maybe 20 minutes now.
    I'm searching for a tool that helps me organize highly complex and interconnected information about a manufacturing process.

What I'm missing (but maybe I overlooked it): Is there a way to create connections between 2 (or more) nodes and classify the type of connection, add information, etc.? 

Kind regards

Martin

• MindRaider

MindRaider - 2011-05-02

Hi Martin!

You didn't overlook anything - such functionality is not fully supported. You can build outlines which are tree structures. You can even add link between two tree nodes (click right mouse button on the node in the graph view and select ''Add Concept link" or "Add triplet…"). Unfortunately these are low level feature that manipulate underlaying model and they are not supported further in the application.

• martin

• elwood151

elwood151 - 2011-05-03

Hi Martin,

thanks for your quick reply.
    So unfortunately it seems that MindRaider is not my tool of choice at them moment, as the relations between nodes are very important for what I want to achieve.

Do you have experience with other tools made for concept maps (e. g. VUE, the visual understanding environment, http://vue.tufts.edu/), which looks quite promising?

Kind regards

Martin

• MindRaider

MindRaider - 2011-05-04

Hi Martin!

> … unfortunately it seems that MindRaider is not my tool of choice at them moment, as the relations between nodes are very important for what I want to achieve…

Sure - it makes no sense to use a tool that doesn't meet your requirements.

> Do you have experience with other tools made for concept maps…?

Actually I was experimenting with this approach when I started to build MindRaider. There was a few reasons why I moved from graph to tree - it simply didn't worked for me. But I believe that there are demons where such non-restricted approach is must.

Hope you find the right tool!

• martin