I would like to suggest to distribute the documentation
as PDF files, i.e. as provided on CTAN.
This has a couple of significant advantages over DVI files:
- PDF is searchable
- text can be copied from the PDF file
- PDF provides bookmarks (a lot of packages use hyperref
for the PDF documentation)
- PDF looks better (better anti-aliasing; a number of
applies a more attractive layout to the PDF version)
- PDF does not rely on fonts being installed
- the MiKTeX team doesn't have to compile the
- PDF files are usually larger
Considering the advantages, the latter can be
neglected, in my opinion.