Stop MiKTex/TeXworks windows from resizing

Help
2013-09-20
2013-09-23
  • forgySourcy

forgySourcy - 2013-09-20

I use an external editor (vim) to edit my tex files. Every time I save to the tex file from vim, TeXworks/MiKTeX shrinks my editing window and PDF viewing window from full screen to something small. Is there a way prevent this?

This has been crossposted at http://latex-community.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=23895

Last edit: forgySourcy 2013-09-20
  • forgySourcy

forgySourcy - 2013-09-23

The solution, posted at the aforementioned latex-community link, is to exit TeXworks/MiKTeX with the desired window size, which causes it to store this window arrangement as the desired/default.

• forgySourcy

forgySourcy - 2013-09-23

Correction: It only works if you save from TeXworks/MiKTeX, which means you have to make a text change within the TeXworks/MiKTeX editor first (even if it's just a change followed by undo). Furthermore, when you save, it must be from the TeXworks/MiKTeX editor AND the preview window must be open to its desired size & location.

• forgySourcy

forgySourcy - 2013-09-23

Actually, it doesn't work predictably. The PDF previewer now goes to full screen whenever I write the tex file from vim. I thought it might be due to docking, so I made sure the PDF previewer was not docked, made a change in the TeXworks/MiKTeX editor, undid the change, saved the tex file, and exitted. I expected the position/size of the windows to be remembered, but they weren't. Odd that it worked earlier.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks