I have experienced some problems while trying to manually update a TeX
package, namely TikZ. I am on Windows 7 Prof., 64bit.
The issue is that I updated the files located in
and that did not work. At some point I realized that my logs showed that the
TeX packages are pulled from
%APPDATA% (i.e. c:\Users\foouser\AppData\Roaming)
Does this mean, I have to update packages in %APPDATA% and that I have to do
it for every user!?
Is this documented behavior?
Any hint are more than welcome.
I don't have a multiuser installation but my guess is that you should start
the package manager in admin mode if you want to install in the main tree.
thanks for your reply. I will give it a try next time.
Yesterday night, I was even worse as I had to copy the package data manually
to the MikTeX folder as well as the %APPDATA% folder in order to get things
working. Since I did not read your reply beforehand (somehow the notifications
did not work), I used the package manager again as non-root.
So on my next try, I will simply
1) copy to %ProgramFiles(x86)%/MiKTeX 2.8, and then
2) run Start -> All Programs -> MikTeX -> Maintenance (Admin) -> Settings
(Admin) -> Refresh FNDB
Log in to post a comment.