I'm terribly stuck , and spent so many many hour in searching every way, to
get a symbol (\WDGbell) that is only available in wingding...I can easily see
it in MS word document...but winfonts package (windingbats) can not be no more
An early help is requested (I have seen another bell in another package but
it's very different)...
google found by searching for wingdingbats the following archive:
Best regards, Thomas
But, I tried that before...it cann't be installed...even i unblock the file to
get install...it can't be extracted...
Any help please!
I tried to install the files following the instructions in the readme file
archive/fonts/winfonts/README) and it's
My steps on Win7 with MiKTeX 2.9:
- download the zip archive
- unpack it as admin to c:\locale-tex-files\winfonts
- open MiKTeX Settings (Admin) and add a new root directory c:\locale-tex-files\winfonts
- press ok button
- edit in c:\locale-tex-files\winfonts\ttf2tfm a new file ttf2pk.cfg:
- save and exit
- on command line as admin: initexmf --admin --edit-config-file=updmap.cfg
add a new line in this file
- save and exit
- on command line as admin: initexmf --admin --update-fndb --mkmaps --mklinks --force
- pdflatex testfile
- correct pdf file with trophy symbol
I did the following:
- enabled the administror account for this weird windows 7
- installed 7-zip file manager (to unzip)
- created a folder (c:/locale-tex)
-added the root directory from miktex option ( i.e maintenance (admin) >setting)
-created an empty ttf2pk.cfg in the created folder
-copied the file updmap.cfg file from c:/program files(x86)/miktex2.9/miktex/config and pasted it in my folder c:/locale-tex (local version)
-then open the command line and switch the default path to get to path c:/locale-tex> here I pasted the commands as given above...
this means all suggested lines for in the cfg files would go into the local
version?....with out changes to the original?
So, after trying so many combinations...I finally got the trophy symbol...but
though it was showing trophy but was giving me error that problem in maping
index( say 34) and index...
Let me say without the above reply, it was all impossible for me to get the
required output......I still can't believe after million of efforts (with
unicode and many other options), i can see the bell
I'm bit worried how to append this trophy symbol with a text having font
Thanks once again, Thomas!
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.