After filling this bug report, I tried to rebuild the font map files but, this time, I got this error message after doing initexmf --mkmaps:
fc-cache.EXE: Windows API error 1113: No mapping for the Unicode character exists in the target multi-byte code page.
mkfntmap.EXE: The operation failed for some reason.
mkfntmap.EXE: Data: C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\fc-cache.EXE
initexmf: The operation failed for some reason.
initexmf: Data: C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.9\miktex\bin\mkfntmap.EXE
Jose Carlos Santos
I can confirm the problem: The installation of the package stmaryrd forgets to add the map file entry (Map stmaryrd.map) to updmap.cfg.
Regarding the fc-cache error: Try to run fc-cache --verbose. Perhaps this tells you if fc-cache doesn't like a configuration entry. (My guess is that you are using accented chars in your user name. )
Doesn't work for me either but I don't know if it's the same problem.
It says "Font \U/stmry/m/n/12=stmary10 at 12pt not loadable: metric data not found or bad". I looked at the updmap.cfg and it contained the "Map stmaryrd.map" entry. I'm lost...
Edit: I'm use LuaLaTeX by the way.
Look up the path of pdftex.map in your log file. If it is in your user profile then you will have to run "updmap" on the command line to update pdftex.map (a multi user installation of miktex updates only the system wide pdftex.map when installing fonts).
pdftex.map is indeed in my user profile but running "updmap" didn't change anything.
Edit: It also happens on my second Windows machine where I got the same setup.
As a workaround I'm now using the following which suits my needs:
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.