Menu

Midlet Pascal 3 Beta 4 Comments

2010-03-14
2013-04-25
  • Professor Yaffle

It appears superb progress has been made since my issues reported under the "Midlet Pascal 3 Beta 1 Comments" thread…

Compilation took just 1 minute and 17 seconds as opposed to the 40+ minutes experienced in earlier versions.  Many improvements in the IDE and, as reported in the README, Midlet Pascal 2 projects load without double carriage returns.

One thing that may be worth noting, I had to install with the "Run as Administrator" option in Windows 7, otherwise the program reportedly failed to install correctly and, indeed, attempting a compile/build resulted in an error message.

So I'm migrating to Midlet Pascal 3 Beta 4 and leaving Midlet Pascal 2 behind for good!

A top effort by the developers - I'll now promote this project to my coding friends with 100% confidence that they'll enjoy using it immensely - it's a superb app!

Many thanks,

Professor Yaffle

• wesw

wesw - 2010-03-15

Thanks Prof,
    Your supplied source code has helped to isolate problems, and your comments on the IDE have helped in its development, so thanks for your helpful input.

ALL the credit for the beta releases must go to Javier (j-a-s-d) who has taken things on alone, and done ALL the work so far, so big thanks to Javier!!

… wes