Menu

Emulator Issues

2010-04-06
2013-04-25
  • Professor Yaffle

When selecting the Manage… option for emulators in the GUI, I've found a few oddities.  Deleting an emulator leaves it in the list until re-invoking the dialog box again.  I've added one and it's appeared four lines down the list with seemingly blank entries in between which I can choose Delete for but they don't disappear.  It would also be nice if double-clicking on an entry invoked the Edit dialog as a shortcut.

The biggest issue I have is that any emulator (whether that's the Sun JME one or Sony Ericsson's) won't launch anyway (I cut and paste the command from my MP2 version to ensure it wasn't a typo).  The "Launching" message appears but nothing happens and the syntax is correct and the binaries are in the %JAD% path shown.  Doing same from MP2 using either emulator works OK.

Keep up the great work - it is a superb project!

• Javier Santo Domingo

All the problems described has been fixed for the next release (they was: adding blank name emulator caused weird behaviour, and deleting an emulator did not refresh the list). The request for the double click has been added too.

I rewrote the emulator invokation with an improved parameter parsing so now it will behave just like MP2, amongst other things.

Thanks for the report!

• Professor Yaffle

No problem - literally as you'd already fixed it!  Got to say I'm impressed - hopefully. MP3 (that abbreviation will NEVER catch on, by the way…) gets all the credit & publicity it deserves - I'll try my best to sing its praises to any coders that will listen!

Grateful thanks!