LOG Level per Appender

Help
2009-06-02
2013-04-26
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi,
    I was wondering if i's possible to have a Log level for every appender ?
    Let's say :
    I have one global Logger instance throughout all my classes, but it has several Appenders. For example it has a rmsAppender and a consoleAppender... Is it possible to set a logging level to those appender, for example my rms appender will only log Critical errors whilst my consoleAppender is set to debug ?
    Thx,
    -Eric

• Johan Karlsson

Johan Karlsson - 2009-06-08

Hi,

sorry for my late reply.

As Microlog is today, there is no such possibility. I am not sure how to solve it. The decision whether or not logging is done, with regards to the log level, is done in the Logger class. As of release 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT there is a possibility to use hierarchial loggers as in Log4j. But as I understand you this is not what you are looking for.

But I am open for suggestions, so I have not ruled out to change the code according to your suggestion. One possibility is of course that you download the source code and implement how you think it should work. Submit it to me. Then I could decide whether or not to include it in the Microlog 2.0.0 release.

Regards
      Johan

• Nobody/Anonymous

thanks for your answer :D
      Well that would also be the suggestion I guess :D Having the possibility to set a log level for every appender. They might inherit like a standard log level (some default) and only set their own internal one when someone sets it to another level...
      I am into programming (obviously) but Im pretty sure I'd get lost right away into someone others code, not to mention that (unfortunately) I just wouldnt have the required free time to invest into it...
      As mentioned, its only a suggestion ;)
      Greets,
      Eric

• Johan Karlsson

Johan Karlsson - 2009-06-14

Hi,

I will have to think about how to solve this.

Regards
        Johan

• Johan Karlsson

Johan Karlsson - 2009-10-06

Hi,

I have implemented hierarchial logging setup as in Log4j. This should solve your problems.

This functionality is available in the latest 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.

Regards
    Johan

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks