Menu

MicMute not showing desired input device

2018-12-04
2021-03-23
  • Burretploof

Burretploof - 2018-12-04

Hey there,

I would love to use MicMute as a solution to Skype not offering actual push-to-talk.
    However, MicMute does not display my desired input device since it's doesn't register as a "microphone" but an auxiliary/line input. (I'm using an external microphone interface)
    Is there any way to select this device or change how it registers with Windows?
    If not, please consider updating MicMute to also display regular input devices. :)

View the attached screenshot to see what I mean. The two "Creative SB X-Fi" microphones are listed but the other devices aren't.

Last edit: Burretploof 2018-12-04
  • Koopa

Koopa - 2020-12-05

Hi, has there been any feedback to this suggestion? I, too, am unable to select input device connected to GoXLR

• Marco Baiocco

Marco Baiocco - 2021-03-22

It doesn't work with my mic too.
    It's a Zoom H2N microsoft used with its drivers. Windows sees it as an USB mic (actually, audio device, when connected it also sets it's integrated speaker as output device), I can control it as a regular mic, same as I can control the webcam mic, or the one integrated on the motherboard... but MicMute does not see it among the available devices.

• Koopa

Koopa - 2021-03-22

Hey, I found another MicMute app that just uses whatever device is currently set as default. Works like a charm.

Google "Github Anc813 MicMute"

If that still doesn't work, AutoHotKey has scripts that let you choose the device but there are extra steps involved.

• roughnecks

roughnecks - 2021-03-22

Thanks, lately I was having issue with this app (Sourceforge MicMute), while the github one seems to do its job just fine (hoping that on my next reboot everything will be still OK).

• Marco Baiocco

Marco Baiocco - 2021-03-23

Yep, thanks me too, I confirm that works a breeze with my mic