hierachical clusterin

Help
Nils
2012-03-26
2013-05-20
  • Nils

Nils - 2012-03-26

I cluster my genes with an older version (4.0.01) of MeV in another Institute and it worked fine. But the newest version (4.8.1) did not cluster anymore. It is the same file, but it show no good clustering results. Does anybody know the solution for the problem? Or does anybody know, where I can get the older version of MeV?

Thank you very much.

• Daniel Schlauch

Daniel Schlauch - 2012-03-26

Hello,

What sort of differences are you seeing?  A number of minor changes have occurred since MeV 4.1, such as default distant metric settings (Euclidean changed to Pearson), additional algorithm options, and tree displays.  You should, however, still see the same result when using the same settings.

The older versions can be downloaded here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/mev-tm4/files/mev-tm4/

If you are still seeing problems once you've checked that all the parameters are the same, please let us know and we will investigate a bug.

Thanks

• Nils

Nils - 2012-03-27

Thank you very much for your help. The problem was just the Pearson correlation. When I changed it into Euclidean, it also works in the new version.

• Maria Hernandez

Maria Hernandez - 2012-05-24

Other question about hierarquical clustering in MeV. Is there the chance to choose between by row and by column clustering? If not, the default is what, by row or by column?
    Many thanks in advance, maria

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks