t test Entering data and FDR

Help
2011-09-12
2013-05-20
  • Iran Malavazi

Iran Malavazi - 2011-09-12

Dear all
    I have been using MEV for a while, but I'm now face with new needs that I'm not familiar
    I was using one class T test for the experimental design below using two color array and Agilent slides and protocols:

WT grown medium A x WT grown medium B during 2 hours
    WT grown medium A x WT grown medium B during 4 hours
    WT grown medium A x WT grown medium B during 6 hours

I have duplicate for each array (6 hybridization) and using the one class T test I got 3,700 differentially expressed genes

I have two questions:
    Do you think the way I entered the data for analysis is correct. We know two replicates are not enough.

The other question is:
    While performing the one class t test I used “p-value based on t distribution” in the menu p-value parameter and “just alpha no correction” in the menu p-value/false discovery correction. Therefore I don’t have information about the FDR.
    How should I perform this analysis in order to have de FDR in the one class t-test?
    Do I have to choose “p-value based on permutation”? How can I manage the permutation while setting the test?
    Which is more stringent: “Bonferoni correction” or “adjusted Bonferoni correction”?
    How can I set a FDR of 5% for example? Is it possible?

Sorry for so many questions.
    I hope you could help me
    Best

• Eleanor Howe

Eleanor Howe - 2011-09-14

Hi there,

First of all, I think you want a time-course analysis rather than a one-sided t-test for this dataset. I recommend checking out the BETR module or the time-course functionality in the LIMMA module.

Of course two replicates isn't ideal. But it's what you have; I would try using one of the appropriate packages and see how you do.

Eleanor

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks