MEV v4.8- no annotations

Help
Joel Ma
2012-02-21
2013-05-20
  • Joel Ma

Joel Ma - 2012-02-21

Hi

I recently installed Tmev v4.8 on Win7. My first issue is- when i click on the Mev.exe file, a black window appears and disappears. I checked the FAQ and updated my Java, deleted all the installed Tmev, downloaded and extracted a new copy of v4.8, but the same thing happened. Strangely, if I double-clicked on the Tmev.bat file, the software will open as per normal. Was the mev.exe the correct file to open?

After opening the Tmev.bat, here's where I encountered my second issue. When I loaded my CEL files, chose the species and the correct annotation file, no annotations appear on the generated heatmap. Only the probesets id were there. I found it strange because I did not have that problem in Nov 2011.

Can someone advise me? My system is windows 7, has Java 6 update 31, and had no problems with Tmev between Sep-Nov 2011 (until my PC crashed and I had to re-install everything).

Cheers

• Caroline

Caroline - 2012-06-26

I am having the same problem with the latest version, there are no gene annotations.  Can anyone advise me on how to solve this?
    Thanks

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks