Menu

Failure installing open source Metl

2020-03-09
2020-03-11
  • Nathan Swendal

Nathan Swendal - 2020-03-09

When I attempt to install the 3.5.3r15 version of metl, I keep getting the same error:

org.jumpmind.db.sql.SqlException: Column 'metl_model_schema_object.id' is not the same data type as referencing column 'metl_model_schema_object.parent_id' in foreign key 'metl_fk_so_2_pso'.
    at org.jumpmind.db.sql.AbstractSqlTemplate.translate(AbstractSqlTemplate.java:302)
    at org.jumpmind.db.sql.AbstractSqlTemplate.translate(AbstractSqlTemplate.java:291)
    at org.jumpmind.db.sql.JdbcSqlTemplate.execute(JdbcSqlTemplate.java:503)
    at org.jumpmind.db.sql.JdbcSqlTemplate.update(JdbcSqlTemplate.java:411)
    at org.jumpmind.db.sql.SqlScript.execute(SqlScript.java:115)
    at org.jumpmind.db.util.ConfigDatabaseUpgrader.upgrade(ConfigDatabaseUpgrader.java:64)
    at org.jumpmind.metl.ui.init.AppInitializer.initDatabase(AppInitializer.java:274)
    at org.jumpmind.metl.ui.init.AppInitializer.contextInitialized(AppInitializer.java:188)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.callContextInitialized(ContextHandler.java:843)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.callContextInitialized(ServletContextHandler.java:533)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:816)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.startContext(ServletContextHandler.java:345)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startWebapp(WebAppContext.java:1404)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1366)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:778)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.doStart(ServletContextHandler.java:262)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:520)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.start(ContainerLifeCycle.java:131)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.start(Server.java:422)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.doStart(ContainerLifeCycle.java:105)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.AbstractHandler.doStart(AbstractHandler.java:61)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:389)
    at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:68)
    at org.jumpmind.metl.StartWebServer.runWebServer(StartWebServer.java:153)
    at org.jumpmind.metl.Metl.main(Metl.java:27)

I've tried using an H2 database as well as a SQL Server database. Is there something I'm missing? Also, in the user documentation, the link in section 1.5 for instructions on installing the open source version don't go anywhere.

Thanks,
    Nate

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.

• Nathan Richardson

Hi Nate,
    When do you get the error, on startup or after the application is running and you are trying to update a flow, model or resource?
    We have found there is an issue with the Maven repo Url in the published build at this time. Could you please follow the below steps and see if you still encounter the issue you are having?
    Start Metl using the war file.
    After it starts, connect via a web browser (http://localhost:42000/metl/), then select the 'Admin' tab at the top.
    Next choose 'Plugin Repositories' from the menu on the left.
    Select 'central' click Edit.
    Update the Url to be https://repo1.maven.org/maven2
    (use https not http)
    Close the Edit Repository tab and then Restart Metl (kill your process and then restart)

-Nathan

• Nathan Swendal

Nathan Swendal - 2020-03-11

this is on the inital startup when it builds all the tables. I can't get to http://localhost:42000/metl/ as I receive a 503 error

it continues to log the following:

2020-03-10 09:08:46,114  INFO [         execution-purge-job-1] Could not run execution purge for status 'CANCELLED' because table had not been created yet
    2020-03-11 12:58:58,024  INFO [         execution-purge-job-1] Could not run execution purge for status 'DONE' because table had not been created yet
    2020-03-11 12:58:58,050  INFO [         execution-purge-job-1] Could not run execution purge for status 'ERROR' because table had not been created yet
    2020-03-11 12:58:58,086  INFO [         execution-purge-job-1] Could not run execution purge for status 'ABANDONED' because table had not been created yet

• Nathan Swendal

Nathan Swendal - 2020-03-11

I switched back to using the H2 database and was able to get it to start with all the maven errors. I updated the repo like you sugessted. Above was me trying to use SQL Server 2016.

I'm still seeing a bunch of error downloading packages from maven. I'll continue to look into it.

example:

2020-03-11 13:21:05,665  WARN [              qtp455659002-100] Deleting plugin that could not be loaded: org.jumpmind.metl:comp-text:3.5.1.r15
    2020-03-11 13:21:05,679  INFO [              qtp455659002-100] Downloading: http://maven.jumpmind.com/repo/org/bouncycastle/bcprov-jdk15on/1.61/bcprov-jdk15on-1.61.pom
    2020-03-11 13:21:05,783  INFO [              qtp455659002-100] Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/bouncycastle/bcprov-jdk15on/1.61/bcprov-jdk15on-1.61.pom
    2020-03-11 13:21:05,827  WARN [              qtp455659002-100] Failed to get class loader for org.jumpmind.metl:comp-transform:3.5.1.r15
    2020-03-11 13:21:05,827  WARN [              qtp455659002-100]
    java.lang.RuntimeException: org.eclipse.aether.resolution.DependencyResolutionException: Failed to collect dependencies at org.jumpmind.metl:comp-transform:jar:3.5.1.r15 -> org.jumpmind.metl:comp-abstract:jar:3.5.1.r15 -> org.jumpmind.metl:resource-core:jar:3.5.1.r15 -> org.bouncycastle:bcprov-jdk15on:jar:1.61
            at org.jumpmind.metl.core.plugin.PluginManager.collectDependencies(PluginManager.java:330)
            at org.jumpmind.metl.core.plugin.PluginManager.getClassLoader(PluginManager.java:278)
            at org.jumpmind.metl.core.plugin.PluginManager.loadAll(PluginManager.java:159)
            at org.jumpmind.metl.core.plugin.PluginManager.refresh(PluginManager.java:151)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

Nate