Menu

can't install higher than 1.19

Help
MrXtramean
2007-05-26
2013-04-05
  • MrXtramean

MrXtramean - 2007-05-26

I updated one of our linux servers about a month ago to amxx 1.76d and metamod-1.19p31.  I tried today to update our other server and I got the amxx to go, but I couldn't any of the metamods-P's to work.  The only one that works is the one in the AMX Mod X Full Installer  from here: http://www.amxmodx.org/downloads.php

Would you know any quick reasons it won't take the newer versions of mm ?

The only thing I'm noticing is the newer mm-p's are small in size, like 176 - 185 KB's, but the one that's working is 860 KB .  ??

Probably un-related, but...
    We're not sure if it's this or something else, but we're trying to run our server with Gungame for CS 1.6 server and the server isn't changeing at game end.  This would be our 2nd linux Gungame server.  They're both set up the same, but they aren't running the same.
    Thanks.

• Jussi Kivilinna

Jussi Kivilinna - 2007-05-26

The 860kb one that is working is metamod not metamod-p.

What error messages server prints when you try to start with metamod-p?

• MrXtramean

MrXtramean - 2007-05-27

I know. My other server mm-p installed  no  problems. The server doesn't come up. I don't know how to get any error messages. Sorry.  What would cause this? What is required for metamod-p to work?  If I knew, then I could see if it needs updated.
      Currently loaded:
                     description      stat pend  file              vers      src  load  unlod
                [ 1] AMX Mod X        RUN   -    amxmodx_mm_i386.  v1.76d    ini  ANY   ANY 
                [ 2] Fun              RUN   -    fun_amxx_i386.so  v1.76     pl1  ANY   ANY 
                [ 3] CStrike          RUN   -    cstrike_amxx_i38  v1.76     pl1  ANY   ANY 
                [ 4] CSX              RUN   -    csx_amxx_i386.so  v1.76c    pl1  ANY   ANY 
                [ 5] FakeMeta         RUN   -    fakemeta_amxx_i3  v1.76d    pl1  ANY   ANY 
                [ 6] Engine           RUN   -    engine_amxx_i386  v1.76     pl1  ANY   ANY 
               6 plugins, 6 running

meta game:
      dll file: cs_i386.so
      liblist:
      gamedll_linux "addons/metamod/dlls/metamod_i386.so"
      plugins.ini from metamod:
      linux   addons/amxmodx/dlls/amxmodx_mm_i386.so

Thanks for reply. The server is running, but would like all that -p could offer.

• MrXtramean

MrXtramean - 2007-10-25

I actually posted this wrong...I think.  It should have read that only one that worked was the older smaller metamod and that the new one's were the bigger ones.  I think I had it backwards above. 

This problem just happenned again with amxmodx 1.76d fresh install with new metamod.  The server host put the newest version in and we ran into problems where we couldn't join the server, even though it showed up and running (with Gungame 1.17b installed) and as soon as I put the the older metamod driver in, I could join.  Weird.  Maybe the server host will read through this topic and find something I didn't and why it's a problem on the server.