impu choudhury - 2002-02-08

Hi
   After installation of Metadot in a UX environment, I realized that I'm unable to do something that I really need to have!

I have a existing directory structure that consist of folders INDEX-A through INDEX-Z full of different files and folders to their designated INDEX directories.  Folks are currently uploading documentation via a different cgi based upload utility. 

I am trying to figure out if there's anyway I can get metadot to recognize those directory structure and files within it without having to create "category" "items" one by one... It will be a nightmare!!!

I am not a programmer, so not sure how can I just move those file to metadot's upload directory or tell metadot to look at those directories and display contents to people via the metadot interface. :(

I tried creating a category, then creating an item and uploading a file.  Then I did a search for the file and found it under one of the numeric directory in the /upload folder.

However, I realize just copying the files to that area simply wouldn't make what I'm wishing to do possible.  It will need some update to mySQL as well. 

Do I have any future :) 

I will appreciate it a lot.