From: Brian Paul <brianp@va...> - 2001-05-17 20:48:28
I've just released Mesa version 3.4.2. This is basically just a bug-fix
- deleting the currently bound texture could cause bad problems
- using fog could result in random vertex alpha values
- AA triangle rendering could touch pixels outside right window bound
- fixed byteswapping problem in clear_32bit_ximage() function
- fixed bugs in wglUseFontBitmapsA(), by Frank Warmerdam
- fixed memory leak in glXUseXFont()
- fragment sampling in AA triangle function was off by 1/2 pixel
- Windows: reading pixels from framebuffer didn't always work
- glConvolutionFilter2D could segfault or cause FP exception
- fixed segfaults in FX and X drivers when using tex unit 1 but not 0
- GL_NAND logicop didn't work right in RGBA mode
- fixed a memory corruption bug in vertex buffer reset code
- clearing the softwara alpha buffer with scissoring was broken
- fixed a few color index mode fog bugs
- fixed some bad assertions in color index mode
- fixed FX line 'stipple' bug #420091
- optimized writing mono-colored pixel spans to X pixmaps
- increased max viewport size to 2048 x 2048
The main reason behind this release was to get the latest bug fixes
into the upcoming XFree86 4.1 release.
Mesa 3.5, the new unstable/development release, should be ready in a few days.
3.5 has a lot of new extensions and lots of code changes to better support
3D hardware with the DRI.
From: Brian Paul <brianp@va...> - 2001-05-18 22:05:36
Unfortunately, a few minor bugs snuck into the 3.4.2 release. I've
decided to rebuild the tar/zip files and upload new ones. Less than
100 people had downloaded the MesaLib package so far anyway.
The bugs fixed are:
- fixed a width/height typo in the stencil buffer clear code
- fixed a 1/8-pixel error in the antialiased triangle code
- fixed a Windows compilation problem in texutil.c
- the error checking in gl[Client]ActiveTexture() generated
GL_INVALIDO_OPERATION instead of GL_INVALID_ENUM
The new MesaLib tarballs are in place now.