Help save net neutrality! Learn more.
Close

Continuing Saga of Windows setup

Anonymous
2002-09-16
2002-10-20
  • Anonymous - 2002-09-16

Can someone shed light on this Interclient socket error.

i can connect in isql through a remote (localhost and the interserver is listening on port 3050.

Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Sincerely,
    geo

<Sep 15, 2002 9:07:12 PM><DEBUG>   <DB Connect String <interbase.interclient.Dri
    ver jdbc:interbase://localhost/E:/mercator-0.2-10/data/site.gdb pos/pos>>
    <Sep 15, 2002 9:07:13 PM><FATAL>   <interbase.interclient.CommunicationException
    : [interclient] Communication error: A socket exception occurred while trying to
    establish a socket connection to server localhost.
    The message of the SocketException is "Connection refused: no further informatio
    n".
    See API reference for exception interbase.interclient.CommunicationException>
    <Sep 15, 2002 9:07:14 PM><FATAL>   <Database initialization failure>

• Anonymous - 2002-09-16

Praise the Lord.  Once you figure out what to install, where to install it and get over the fact that none of the this was designed to run on Windows it works pretty well.

Now on to scanners, printers and cash drawers

• xiao

xiao - 2002-09-18

Hi

I have problems in setting up mercator environment on windows 2k....Can you help me out?

my mail = amligao@21cn.com

Regards
      spica

• xiao

xiao - 2002-09-18

BTW, where can I find the site.gdb file.
      I check every place ....still not find it....

Regards
      Spica

• xiao

xiao - 2002-09-19

Hi, gniece

I also get the same problem as you has ever met, that is, <interbase.interclient.CommunicationException
      : [interclient] Communication error: A socket exception occurred while trying to
      establish a socket connection to server localhost.
      The message of the SocketException is "Connection refused: no further informatio
      n".
      See API reference for exception interbase.interclient.CommunicationException>

Can you tell me why that problem occurs, I use the latest interbase server and client which is 6.5.

Regards
      Spica

• George Crewe

George Crewe - 2002-10-01

Sure you have enabled the user: pos password: pos on your database server.

• Jim Allen

Jim Allen - 2002-10-20

Runs fine on linux. Lack of documentation is a total pain in the butt! I messed with it for better than a week to get all the kinks out.  I used methods i haven't seen in any help files or on this forum. I will tell you most of the errors are because of pathing issues. I also discovered that the POSENV.sample does nothing in RedHat7.3 when you execute it. Have fun and keep poking at it. It works for me ;-)