mark_k - 2007-04-19

I find myself (ab)using the task Description box by putting way too much stuff in there. The contents are really individual notes that are relevant to the task, and I lose track of the note/task link when they're in the 'Notes' applet.

I'd like to see multiple notes per task, either multiple note text entries, multiple stickies (like on the agenda page) or a notes tree that expands like child tasks.

I find that I'm way more task-driven than note-driven, so most of my notes end up dangling off my current task, either in the single task 'Description' box, or in multiple child-tasks that are specifically for notes.

Additionally, if we had the ability to bind a task to a bug in an external bug-tracking system (bugzilla, trac, etc.), new notes that get added to a memoranda task could append a comment to the bug (thinking in trac terms). When a bug is marked as 'complete', memoranda could pop up a 'complete comment' box, and then close the remote bug with the comment (or whatever workflow the user has defined).

It's not uncommon for me to create a memoranda task to parallel a bug-system bug, and doing double-entry of notes and status. Binding a task to a bug, and appending task-notes would make things easier in that respect.

Cheers
- Mark K.