Menu

No RDF model defined

Help
Al Brown
2003-01-22
2003-01-23
  • Al Brown

Al Brown - 2003-01-22

I installed memento last evening and in initally experimented with it in single user mode.  That was cool so I decided that I wanted to experiment with it in server (Multi User mode) I set up a database (in mysql) created the tables and started Memento.

When I select "Browse by category"  it tells me "No RDF model defined " when i click on "View categories graphically" all of the categories are displayed in the Touchgraph Browser window.  I can see the basic.rdf by browsing the link in the user's table of the database.

When I attempt to enter a new meme I get the error message "Problem - java.io.IOException: marshalling: category is a required field." and can not enter the meme.

I was able to import the memes from the examples folder and can display them but cannot enter new ones.

This is a very interesting tool and the integration with Touchgraph is incredible.

Am I doing something wrong?  What can I do to get this working.

Al

• Jaron Collis

Jaron Collis - 2003-01-23

Somebody else has previously reported a problem when switching from single to multi-user modes.

I think it might be one of the configuration files.
      Here's how to check:

Access the Memento main menu and follow the 'Options' link, take a look at the user home directory location. It should end in ".memento"

Look at the files stored in this location, you should have a file called _taxonomy.rdf, but I suspect you don't and that's what's missing.

What I would do is rename the .memento directory to .memento.bak, then recreate a new repository
      whilst in database (multi) mode.

That should write the proper files to the proper locations.

If that doesn't fix the problem, email me at jaron@users.sourceforge.net